plant pot box
Lesters worked with one of the UK’s leading suppliers to the British landscaping industry to develop a single piece, robust pot plant, tree or hedge box that reduced both the amount and cost of packaging, and provided a fit for purpose bespoke delivery solution.
We were contacted by a leading supplier to the UK landscaping industry outlining their current packaging use, seeking a solution to a number of different problems. Their current boxes were unreliable and involved having to use a two-piece solution – effectively a box within a box! In order to reduce costs and improve their packing time they wanted a better solution – and that’s where we came in!
How Did We Approach This Challenge? Find Out Below.
- Visit their facility and gain a complete understanding of both the product and the process. Getting under the skin of a business enables us to provide the best solution.
- Collaborate with the client to establish exactly what their requirements are and what their ideal solution looks like.
- Use our design expertise to create a bespoke 3D CAD design based on our extensive research and product knowledge.
- Create a number of working prototypes, refining at each stage to ensure the packaging and the product work together seamlessly.
- A product that’s fit for purpose and meets the clients exact packaging requirements.
- The successful design and production of a fit-for-purpose single piece packaging solution that featured and integral pot fixing and soil container.
- Packaging that can accommodate a wide range of pot sizes, reducing the need for additional fittings.
- Provides the customer with a flexible solution that can be tailored and adapted to package other items in their extensive range.
- Reduces the need for additional taping during assembly, reducing the overall packaging cost and time.
“We were absolutely delighted with the service we received from Lesters. From the start they made sure they clearly understood the challenge, then they collaborated closely with us to make sure what we got what we wanted. In fact, it was even better than we’d expected!”
BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT
Reduced pack cost. Our solution significantly reduced the amount of material required to package the product safely by reducing the need for a “box-within-a-box”.
Reduced packing time. Our single piece solution meant that each product could be packaged quicker.
Provided a strong, returnable mail order box that re-enforced the customers sustainability credentials, and improved the customers unboxing experience.
Allowed for the packaging of a wide range of pot sizes, reducing the need for multiple different boxes and fittings across a range of products.